- North Doorway of Hales Church, Norfolk
- ca. 1818
- Graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 x 9 5/8 inches (30.5 x 24.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "North doorway Hales Church Norfolk."
Watermark: Bristol Board; collector's mark: RIBA blind embossed stamp
Signed in graphite, lower left: "J. S Cotman."; in graphite, lower right: "J S Cotman"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | church | doorway
- Associated Places:
- England | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, North Doorway of Hales Church, Norfolk, ca. 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.