An Ancient Alms Box, Walsingham Church, Norfolk
- 1805 to 1815
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 6 3/4 inches (24.1 x 17.1 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 9 5/8 x 6 7/8 inches (24.4 x 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Old Walsingham Norfk."
Signed in graphite, lower right: "J S. Cotman"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | box (container) | church
- Associated Places:
- England | Great Walsingham | Norfolk | United Kingdom | Walsingham church
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, An Ancient Alms Box, Walsingham Church, Norfolk, 1805 to 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.