Arcadian Landscape with Shepherds
- Watercolor with scraping over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 x 7 11/16 inches (12.7 x 19.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "D27073"
collector's stamp of the Paul Mellon Collection, in blue ink, on back, center
signed and dated in brown ink, lower left: "J. Cristall 1814"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arcadian art | Classical | genre subject | hills | landscape | leisure | men | mountains | pastoral | reclining | resting | robes | rocks (landforms) | sheep | shepherds | trees | waterfall | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Joshua Cristall, 1768–1847, British, Arcadian Landscape with Shepherds, 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.