Arcadian Landscape with Shepherds
- Watercolor with scraping over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 x 7 11/16 inches (12.7 x 19.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "D27073"
collector's stamp of the Paul Mellon Collection, in blue ink, on back, center
signed and dated in brown ink, lower left: "J. Cristall 1814"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arcadian art | Classical | genre subject | hills | landscape | leisure | men | mountains | pastoral | reclining | resting | robes | rocks (landforms) | sheep | shepherds | trees | waterfall | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Joshua Cristall, 1768–1847, British, Arcadian Landscape with Shepherds, 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.