- Graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, blued white wove paper
- 12 3/8 x 19 inches (31.4 x 48.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Dover Pier"
signed in brown ink, lower left: "J. Cristall"; dated in graphite, lower right: "1807"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barrels | baskets | boats | bonnets | chains | children | coats | crowd | dock | genre subject | hats | men | pier | sailboats | sails | ships | talking | telescopes | trousers | wharf | women
- Associated Places:
- Dover | England | English Channel | Kent | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.