Knapton Church, Norfolk, from the North-East
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 x 10 1/2 inches (17.8 x 26.7 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 9 3/8 x 12 1/8 inches (23.8 x 30.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite; lower right: "Knapton Ch. Norfolk"
Collector's mark: RIBA blind embossed stamp
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "J. S. Cotman 1817"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | Architecture--Medieval | church | hammerbeam roofs
- Associated Places:
- England | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Knapton Church, Norfolk, from the North-East, 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.