Knapton Church, Norfolk, from the North-East
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 x 10 1/2 inches (17.8 x 26.7 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 9 3/8 x 12 1/8 inches (23.8 x 30.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite; lower right: "Knapton Ch. Norfolk"
Collector's mark: RIBA blind embossed stamp
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "J. S. Cotman 1817"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | Architecture--Medieval | church | hammerbeam roofs
- Associated Places:
- England | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Knapton Church, Norfolk, from the North-East, 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.