A Monument in Raveningham Church, Norfolk
- Graphite and yellow wash on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 x 8 1/2 inches (30.5 x 21.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "2438.; inscribed on mount in graphite, lower right: "Raveningham Norf | J.S Cotman"
Collector's mark: RIBA blind embossed stamp
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "J. S. Cotman 1816"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | monument
- Associated Places:
- England | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, A Monument in Raveningham Church, Norfolk, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.