A Monument in Raveningham Church, Norfolk
- Graphite and yellow wash on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 x 8 1/2 inches (30.5 x 21.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "2438.; inscribed on mount in graphite, lower right: "Raveningham Norf | J.S Cotman"
Collector's mark: RIBA blind embossed stamp
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "J. S. Cotman 1816"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | monument
- Associated Places:
- England | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, A Monument in Raveningham Church, Norfolk, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.