A Sedilia in Upwell Church, Norfolk
- Graphite and yellow wash on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- 6 1/2 x 9 1/2 inches (16.5 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "J.S. Cotman 1816"; in graphite, lower right: "Upwell Ch. Norfolk 1816"
Collector's mark: RIBA blind embossed stamp
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "J. S Cotman July 18. 1818."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | sedilia
- Associated Places:
- England | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, A Sedilia in Upwell Church, Norfolk, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.