A Sedilia in Upwell Church, Norfolk
- Graphite and yellow wash on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 x 9 1/2 inches (16.5 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "J.S. Cotman 1816"; in graphite, lower right: "Upwell Ch. Norfolk 1816"
Collector's mark: RIBA blind embossed stamp
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "J. S Cotman July 18. 1818."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | sedilia
- Associated Places:
- England | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, A Sedilia in Upwell Church, Norfolk, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.