IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, View of the Donjon of Chateau Gaillard, near Andelys, Normandy, ca. 1822
View of the Donjon of Chateau Gaillard, near Andelys, Normandy
- ca. 1822
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 5/8 x 9 7/8 inches (19.4 x 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "View of the Donjon of Chateau Gaillard. near Andelys."
Collector's mark: Royal Institute of British Architects
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | château
- Associated Places:
- Andelys, les | France | Normandy
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.