- Capitals in the Abbey Church of St. Georges de Bocherville, near Rouen, Normandy
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/4 x 9 inches (29.8 x 22.9 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 15 7/8 x 12 inches (40.3 x 30.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "J. S. Cotman 1817"; in graphite, lower left: "Capitals in the Abbey Church of St Georges de Bocherville"; in graphite, lower right: "Coll: S.D.K. no. 811."
Collector's mark: RIBA blind embossed stamp
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "J. S. Cotman 1817"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | capitals | church
- Associated Places:
- Abbey Church of St. Georges de Bocherville | France | Normandy | Rouen
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Capitals in the Abbey Church of St. Georges de Bocherville, near Rouen, Normandy, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.