- Shipwreck off the Needles, Isle of Wight
- Graphite and watercolor on moderately thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 x 13 1/8 inches (25.1 x 33.3 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite upper left: "Isle of Wight"; in graphite upper right: "De Wint"; in graphite center: "D2185/ P De Wint 1784-1849 | LGD; lower right in graphite: "D2185"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliffs | figures | masts | rocks (landforms) | rowboat | sailboats | sea | ships | shipwrecks
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Isle of Wight | The Needles | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Peter DeWint, 1784–1849, British, Shipwreck off the Needles, Isle of Wight, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.