Shipwreck off the Needles, Isle of Wight
- Graphite and watercolor on moderately thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 x 13 1/8 inches (25.1 x 33.3 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite upper left: "Isle of Wight"; in graphite upper right: "De Wint"; in graphite center: "D2185/ P De Wint 1784-1849 | LGD; lower right in graphite: "D2185"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliffs | figures | masts | rocks (landforms) | rowboat | sailboats | sea | ships | shipwrecks
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Isle of Wight | The Needles | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Peter DeWint, 1784–1849, British, Shipwreck off the Needles, Isle of Wight, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.