IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Church of Yainville, near Saint Georges de Bocherville, Normandy, 1818
Church of Yainville, near Saint Georges de Bocherville, Normandy
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 8 x 10 1/2 inches (20.3 x 26.7 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 11 1/2 x 14 3/4 inches (29.2 x 37.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Church of Yainville near St Georges de Bocherville"; in graphite, lower right: "9"
Collector's mark: Royal Institute of British Architects
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: J. S Cotman July 3, 1818."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church
- Associated Places:
- France | Normandy
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.