Church of Yainville, near Saint Georges de Bocherville, Normandy
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 8 x 10 1/2 inches (20.3 x 26.7 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 11 1/2 x 14 3/4 inches (29.2 x 37.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Church of Yainville near St Georges de Bocherville"; in graphite, lower right: "9"
Collector's mark: RIBA blind embossed stamp
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: J. S Cotman July 3, 1818."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church
- Associated Places:
- France | Normandy
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Church of Yainville, near Saint Georges de Bocherville, Normandy, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.