Church of Graville near Havre de Grace, Normandy: End of the North Transept
- Graphite and gray wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Image: 9 5/8 × 7 1/8 inches (24.4 × 18.1 cm), Sheet: 11 1/2 × 9 inches (29.2 × 22.9 cm), and Mount: 14 1/4 × 10 1/8 inches (36.2 × 25.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "31."; in graphite, lower left: "J S Cotman 1817"; in graphite, lower left: "Church of Graville near Havre de Grace | "[...]"
Collector's mark: RIBA blind embossed stamp
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "J S Cotman 1817."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church
- Associated Places:
- France | Normandy
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Church of Graville near Havre de Grace, Normandy: End of the North Transept, 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.