IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Peter DeWint, 1784–1849, British, Study for 'Elijah', 1828
Study for 'Elijah'
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 x 16 inches (25.1 x 40.6 cm)
On back letter press life insurance advertisement ; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "a | 7 studies complete this set of | Elijah"
watermarks" J Green + Son 182[...]
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | figures | landscape | livestock | prophets | sketches | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Works of Splendor and Imagination - The Exhibition Watercolor 1770-1870 (Yale Center for British Art, 1981-09-16 - 1981-11-22) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.