- Study for 'Elijah'
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 x 16 inches (25.1 x 40.6 cm)
On back letter press life insurance advertisement ; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "a | 7 studies complete this set of | Elijah"
watermarks" I Green + Son/ 182[?]
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | figures | landscape | livestock | prophets | sketches | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Peter DeWint, 1784–1849, British, Study for 'Elijah', 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.