Perspective Elevation of Part of the Abbey Church of Saint Stephen at Caen, Normandy
- Graphite and gray wash on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 x 9 7/8 inches (38.1 x 25.1 cm), Mount: 16 1/2 × 10 1/2 inches (41.9 × 26.7 cm), and Mount: 21 5/8 × 15 3/8 inches (54.9 × 39.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "perspective elevation of base of the Nave of"; in graphite, lower right: "11"; inscribed on mount, lower center: "Perspective elevation of part of the Abbey Church of St. Stephen at Caen."; in graphite, lower right: "AD 531"
Collector's mark: RIBA blind embossed stamp
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "J.S. Cotman Aug 19.18"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- Caen | France | Normandy
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Perspective Elevation of Part of the Abbey Church of Saint Stephen at Caen, Normandy, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.