The Cathedral and Palace of the Popes, Avignon
- Watercolor and graphite on thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 x 10 inches (15.6 x 25.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, center: "Catherdral and Palace of the Popes | Avignon | 15 and 16. Sepr. 1836."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cathedral | landscape | palace | pope | towers (building divisions) | trees
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Hartley Cromek, 1809–1873, British, The Cathedral and Palace of the Popes, Avignon, 1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.