Tom Tower, Christ Church, Oxford
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Sketch of Tom Tower
- Gray wash over graphite; verso: graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, blue wove paper
- Sheet: 14 3/4 x 10 7/8 inches (37.4 x 27.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper center and lower center: various illegible inscriptions; center right: "D1110 | W Crotch | LGD"; on back, lower right: "D40"
collector's stamp of the Paul Mellon Collection, in blue ink, on back, lower right
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bell tower | church | domes | figures | genre subject | leisure | seated | wall
- Associated Places:
- Christ Church Cathedral | Christ Church College | England | Oxford | Oxfordshire | Tom Tower | United Kingdom | University of Oxford
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Dr. William Crotch, 1775–1847, Tom Tower, Christ Church, Oxford, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.