Tom Tower, Christ Church, Oxford
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Sketch of Tom Tower
- Gray wash over graphite; verso: graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, blue wove paper
- Sheet: 14 3/4 x 10 7/8 inches (37.4 x 27.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper center and lower center: various illegible inscriptions; center right: "D1110 | W Crotch | LGD"; on back, lower right: "D40"
collector's stamp of the Paul Mellon Collection, in blue ink, on back, lower right
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bell tower | church | domes | figures | genre subject | leisure | seated | wall
- Associated Places:
- Christ Church Cathedral | Christ Church College | England | Oxford | Oxfordshire | Tom Tower | United Kingdom | University of Oxford
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Dr. William Crotch, 1775–1847, Tom Tower, Christ Church, Oxford, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.