The Lending Library
- between 1800 and 1811
- Watercolor, black ink and brown ink on medium, lightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 × 8 1/2 inches (17.5 × 21.6 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and black ink, within drawing, upper left: "Novels"; upper center: "Sermon | Romances Tales"; upper right: "Voyages & Travels | Plays."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- books | caricature | dog (animal) | lending | library (building) | shelves | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Isaac Cruikshank, 1756–1810, British, The Lending Library, between 1800 and 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.