West Front of the Church of Oyestraham [Ouistreham], near Caen, Normandy
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/8 x 10 3/8 inches (33.3 x 26.4 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 16 3/8 x 12 5/8 inches (41.6 x 32.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "[Oyestraham] | West front of the Church of Oyestraham. near Caen"; in graphite, lower right: "J.S. Cotman. 1820 [...]; in pen and brown ink, upper left: "30."
Collector's mark: RIBA blind embossed stamp
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "J.S. Cotman. 1820 [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | front
- Associated Places:
- Caen | Church of Oyestraham | France | Normandy
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, West Front of the Church of Oyestraham [Ouistreham], near Caen, Normandy, 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.