Elevation of the Church of Columbiers, near Valognes, Normandy
- Graphite, yellow wash, and gray wash on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 x 12 3/4 inches (22.5 x 32.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Elevation of the Church of Columbiers near Valonges [sic]"; in pen and brown ink, upper left: "VI"
Collector's mark: RIBA blind embossed stamp
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "J.S. Cotman 1818"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated Places:
- France | Normandy
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Elevation of the Church of Columbiers, near Valognes, Normandy, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.