Sculpture upon a House on the North Side of the Cathedral at Bayeux
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 7/8 x 8 1/4 inches (30.2 x 21 cm), Image: 8 1/8 x 5 1/2 inches (20.6 x 14 cm), and Mount: 14 1/4 × 10 inches (36.2 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Sculpture upon a House on the North side of the Cathedral at Bayeux"; in graphite, lower left: "Bayeux Aug.st 11th 1818"
Collector's mark: W. Bates (Lugt 2604A), RIBA blind embossed stamp
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "J. S. Cotman 1819"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cathedral | house | sculpture
- Associated Places:
- Bayeux | France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Sculpture upon a House on the North Side of the Cathedral at Bayeux, 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.