Sculpture upon a House on the North Side of the Cathedral at Bayeux
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 7/8 x 8 1/4 inches (30.2 x 21 cm), Image: 8 1/8 x 5 1/2 inches (20.6 x 14 cm), Contemporary drawn border: , and Mount: 14 1/4 × 10 inches (36.2 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Sculpture upon a House on the North side of the Cathedral at Bayeux"; in graphite, lower left: "Bayeux Aug.st 11th 1818"
Collector's mark: W. Bates (Lugt 2604A), RIBA blind embossed stamp
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "J. S. Cotman 1819"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cathedral | house | sculpture
- Associated Places:
- Bayeux | France
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Sculpture upon a House on the North Side of the Cathedral at Bayeux, 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.