West Doorway and Window in the Church of Ham near Valognes, Normandy
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/2 x 8 3/8 inches (31.8 x 21.3 cm) and Mount: 14 1/2 × 10 1/2 inches (36.8 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "No. V"; in graphite, lower left: "West Doorway & Window of the Church of Ham near Valognes."
Collector's mark: RIBA blind embossed stamp
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "J.S. Cotman Sepr. 1818."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | doorway | window
- Associated Places:
- France | Ham | Normandy | Valognes
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, West Doorway and Window in the Church of Ham near Valognes, Normandy, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.