IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, The Barons' Hall, Mont Saint Michel, 1820
The Barons' Hall, Mont Saint Michel
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/8 × 16 1/4 inches (23.8 × 41.3 cm)
Collector's mark: Royal Institute of British Architects
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "J.S. Cotman 1820"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Cotman in Normandy (Dulwich Picture Gallery, 2012-10-10 - 2013-01-13) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.