Font at Dersingham Church, Norfolk
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, smooth cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/4 x 6 1/4 inches (18.4 x 15.9 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 7 3/8 x 6 3/8 inches (18.7 x 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "J.S Cotman"; lower left: "Font at Darsingham[sic] Norfolk.__"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "J.S Cotman"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | font (religious building fixture)
- Associated Places:
- Dersingham | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Font at Dersingham Church, Norfolk, 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.