A Sarcophagus Behind the Palace
- Additional Title(s):
A Sercophacus behind the Pallace of - -
- Part Of:
- between 1782 and 1783
- Graphite and varnish on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 3/8 x 6 3/8 inches (13.7 x 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in graphite upper center: "a Sercophacus behind the Pallace of - - "; in graphite upper right: "KK/| 36"; in graphite lower left: "1."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | Grand Tour | reliefs | sarcophagus | stone
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Robert Cozens, 1752–1797, British, A Sarcophagus Behind the Palace, between 1782 and 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.