IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Robert Cozens, 1752–1797, British, A Sarcophagus Behind a Domed Building, between 1782 and 1783
A Sarcophagus Behind a Domed Building
- Additional Title(s):
Domed Building behind a Sarcophagus
- Part Of:
- between 1782 and 1783
- Graphite and varnish on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 x 6 3/8 inches (14 x 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in graphite upper right: "KK | 37"; in graphite lower left: "2"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | dome | Grand Tour | landscape | sarcophagus | trees | waterfalls
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Alexander and J. R. Cozens (Art Gallery of Ontario, 1987-01-30 - 1987-03-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Kim Sloan, Alexander and John Robert Cozens, the poetry of landscape , Yale University Press, New Haven and London, 1986, pp. 151-52, pl. 171, NJ18 C83 S56 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.