David Cox, 1783–1859, British, Seacoast, Sunset with Harlech Castle, ca. 1808
Seacoast, Sunset with Harlech Castle
- ca. 1808
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 x 8 3/8 inches (7.6 x 21.3 cm)
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "D. Cox"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | castle | coast | horse (animal) | landscape | sunset
- Associated Places:
- Cymru | Europe | Harlech Castle | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.