Hermes Leading Persephone out of the Underworld
- Pen and brown ink, brown wash, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 14 1/8 × 17 inches (35.9 × 43.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower left: "Hugh Hambleton. from the gentleman to whom it was given by the author"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "1825"; in graphite, lower right: "Hugh Hambleton"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "wo 3337. | 10 fl [?] x 48"
E. von Feder collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Deane Keller, B.A. 1923
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- gods - classical mythology | Greek | religious and mythological subject | underworld | wind
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, ([?sic] Hugh Hambleton), Hermes Leading Persephone out of the Underworld, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.