- The Race Course at Bristol
- Watercolor with pen and black ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 3/8 × 9 inches (16.2 × 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Race Ground Bristol Races. 1828 May 18- with 7 gaming Tables to the left, licenced by the Lord of the Manor."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | racecourse
- Associated Places:
- Bristol | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Cumberland, 1754–1848, British, The Race Course at Bristol, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.