IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Alexander Cozens, 1717–1786, British, River and Mountain, with Ruins, between 1750 and 1759
River and Mountain, with Ruins
- between 1750 and 1759
- Brushed black ink, gray wash, pen and brown ink, and pen and black ink on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 3 1/2 x 6 3/4 inches (8.9 x 17.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite upper right: "25"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Grand Tour | landscape | mountain | river | ruins | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Classic Ground - British Artists and the Landscape of Italy, 1740-1830 (Yale Center for British Art, 1981-07-29 - 1981-09-20) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Art of Alexander and John Robert Cozens (Yale Center for British Art, 1980-09-17 - 1980-11-16) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.