Alexander Cozens, 1717–1786, British, River and Mountain, with Ruins, between 1750 and 1759
River and Mountain, with Ruins
- between 1750 and 1759
- Brushed black ink, gray wash, pen and brown ink, and pen and black ink on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 3 1/2 x 6 3/4 inches (8.9 x 17.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite upper right: "25"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Grand Tour | landscape | mountain | river | ruins | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.