- River and Mountain, with Ruins
- between 1750 and 1759
- Brushed black ink, gray wash, pen and brown ink, and pen and black ink on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 3 1/2 x 6 3/4 inches (8.9 x 17.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite upper right: "25"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Grand Tour | landscape | mountain | river | ruins | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Alexander Cozens, 1717–1786, British, River and Mountain, with Ruins, between 1750 and 1759
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.