- The End of the Ruin'd Bridge at Rouen
- Watercolor and pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slighltly textured, cream laid paper mounted to medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 5/8 x 7 3/4in. (14.3 x 19.7cm), Image: 5 5/8 × 7 5/8 inches (14.3 × 19.4 cm), Sheet: 8 9/16 x 11 5/16in. (21.7 x 28.7cm), and Contemporary drawn border: 7 3/8 × 9 3/8 inches (18.7 × 23.8 cm)
Signed and dated by artist [?]; inscribed, in pen and black ink,lower left of mount: "Davis, 1778"; and lower center: "The End of the Ruin'd Brodge at Rouen"; verso, in graphite, lower left:" J2 [encircled]."
Watermark: similar to Heawood 216; Shorter 109 (Britannia)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boat | bridge (built work) | moat | ruin
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Rouen
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, The End of the Ruin'd Bridge at Rouen, 1778
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.