IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, Old Church of St. Lawrence, Ayot St. Lawrence, Hertfordshire, undated
Old Church of St. Lawrence, Ayot St. Lawrence, Hertfordshire
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/4 x 15 1/2 inches (28.6 x 39.4 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite, lower left: "N.2"; in graphite, lower right: "J.3" [encircled]
Watermark: similar to Churchill 107 (VRYHEYT), also verso: the numbers 2/181 [?] [identical to B 1977.14.164?].
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | chapel | church | old | religious architecture | religious buildings
- Associated Places:
- Ayot Saint Lawrence | England | Europe | Hertfordshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.