IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Alexander Cozens, 1717–1786, British, Landscape with a Lake and Distant Mountain, ca. 1750
Landscape with a Lake and Distant Mountain
- ca. 1750
- Brushed black ink with graphite and buff ground on medium, sightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 x 7 7/8 inches (15.9 x 20 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink lower left: "<86> 660"; inscribed on back in graphite upper left: "86"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Signed in pen and brown ink lower center: "Cozens"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | hills | lake | landscape | mountains | ruins | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Classic Ground - British Artists and the Landscape of Italy, 1740-1830 (Yale Center for British Art, 1981-07-29 - 1981-09-20) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Art of Alexander and John Robert Cozens (Yale Center for British Art, 1980-09-17 - 1980-11-16) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.