- Landscape with a Lake and Distant Mountain
- ca. 1750
- Brushed black ink with graphite and buff ground on medium, sightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 x 7 7/8 inches (15.9 x 20 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink lower left: "<86> 660"; inscribed on back in graphite upper left: "86"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Signed in pen and brown ink lower center: "Cozens"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | hills | lake | landscape | mountains | ruins | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Alexander Cozens, 1717–1786, British, Landscape with a Lake and Distant Mountain, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.