IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
attributed to John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Studies of Five Coffin Lids from ?Norfolk Churches, undated
Studies of Five Coffin Lids from ?Norfolk Churches
- Yellow and gray wash with graphite on medium smooth cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 x 14 7/8 inches (27.3 x 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "[?Thurston]"; upper left: "Staley"; upper center: "[?Luddonorr]"; upper right: "Knapton"; upper right: "Do"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | coffin
- Associated Places:
- Norfolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.