IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
attributed to John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Study of a Coffin Lid from a (?) Norfolk Church, ca. 1822
Study of a Coffin Lid from a (?) Norfolk Church
- ca. 1822
- Yellow and gray wash over graphite on medium smooth cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 x 7 1/2 inches (27.3 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Warford Ch. Yd."
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "J. S Cotman 18[...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | coffin
- Associated Places:
- Norfolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.