- Design for Grosvenor House, London: Plan
- Graphite, pen and black ink and watercolor on slightly textured, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 3/4 × 11 5/16 inches (32.4 × 28.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "No 9 & 10 | Designs for Alterations | & Additions to Grosvenor house"; in pen and black ink, throughout, plan labeled
Watermark: J WHATMAN/ TURKEY MILL/ 1822
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower left: "Thomas Cundy Aug.st | 18th | 1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | design | house | Plan
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Cundy, 1790–1867, British, Design for Grosvenor House, London: Plan, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.