IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, Snowdon from Capel Curig, undated
Snowdon from Capel Curig
- Watercolor, pen, brown ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 3/8 x 17 5/8 inches (31.4 x 44.8 cm), Image: 9 x 13 3/8 inches (22.9 x 34 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Snowdon from Capel Curig"; in graphite, lower right (in different hand): "Snowden from Capel Curig"; inscribed on back in graphite, center (similar hand as inscription on recto, lower center): "Snowdon from Capel Curig"; in graphite, lower right: "J.14" [encircled]
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cattle | cows | herdsmen | hills | landscape | mountains
- Associated Places:
- Aberconwy and Colwyn | Caernarfonshire and Merionethshire | Capel Curig | Europe | Snowdon | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.