attributed to John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Studies of Two Coffin Lids from (?) Norfolk Churches, ca. 1822
Studies of Two Coffin Lids from (?) Norfolk Churches
- ca. 1822
- Yellow and gray wash over graphite on medium slightly textured cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/8 x 10 5/8 inches (38.4 x 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Narford"; lower right: "Yaro [i.e., Yarmouth]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | coffin
- Associated Places:
- Norfolk | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.