Castle Acre Priory, Norfolk
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 x 9 inches (30.5 x 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "stones...grass...stones"; in graphite, lower center: "Castle Acre Priory"; in graphite, lower right: "8"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "60"
Collector's mark: RIBA blind embossed stamp
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | priory | ruins
- Associated Places:
- Castle Acre | England | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
follower of John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Castle Acre Priory, Norfolk, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.