Design for Grosvenor House, London: Principal Floor Plan
- Pen and brown and black ink, watercolor; (verso) graphite on slightly textured, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 25 1/8 × 33 inches (63.8 × 83.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Design for Grosvenor House"; in pen and black ink, lower right: "THE PRINCIPAL STORY | 21 Feet high"; in pen and black ink, lower right: "Corresponding with the | Model No 2"; in pen and black ink, throughout, plan labeled; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "AD 602"
Watermark: J WHATMAN/ 1829
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Thomas Cundy 1830"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | design | floor plan | house
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Cundy, 1790–1867, British, Design for Grosvenor House, London: Principal Floor Plan, 1830
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.