- Reminiscence of Mountain Scenery in Caria, near Mylasa, Asia Minor
- Watercolor and gray ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 7 x 10 1/8 inches (17.8 x 25.7 cm)
Inscribed in green ink, upper center: "Reminiscence of Mountain Scenery, in Caria, near Mylasa. Asia Minor. from a sketch made on the spot in 1842."; in green ink, upper center: "Rd Dadd. Bethlehem Hospital. St George's in the Fields. London. August 28th 1857."
Signed and dated in green ink, upper center: "Rd Dadd. Bethlehem Hospital. St George's in the Fields. London. August 28th 1857."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- donkeys | figures | hills | landscape | memory | men | mountains | riding | trees
- Associated Places:
- Caria | Ege kiyilari | Milâs | Mugla Ili | Turkey
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Richard Dadd, 1817–1886, British, Reminiscence of Mountain Scenery in Caria, near Mylasa, Asia Minor, 1857
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.