Design for Grosvenor House, London: Plan for Rebuilding the South Front
- Graphite, pen and black ink and watercolor on smooth, medium, white wove paper with five fold marks
- Sheet: 9 × 14 3/4 inches (22.9 × 37.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower right: "Plan for rebuilding the South Front of Grosvenor House"; in pen and black ink, lower right: "The Front of the Draw.g room & Ante Dining room | to be carried out 5 feet"; in pen and black ink, throughout, plan labeled
Watermark: R TASSELL/ 1833; Collectors mark: crown with initials HT beneath all within a square (not in Lugt).
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "Thomas Cundy Dec.r 1833"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- design | house | Plan
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Cundy, 1790–1867, British, Design for Grosvenor House, London: Plan for Rebuilding the South Front, 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.