Colgong, near Bhagalpur
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 7/8 x 14 inches (30.2 x 35.6 cm) and Image: 9 3/8 x 12 1/4 inches (23.8 x 31.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right (below image): "Colgong near Bhagalpur"; in graphite, lower right (below image): "S.DAVIS."; inscribed on back in graphite, lower left: "J112" [encircled]
Signed in graphite, lower right (below image): "S.DAVIS."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | building | hills | landscape | trees
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Bhagalpur | Bharat | Bihar | Colgong
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, Colgong, near Bhagalpur, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.