- Pen and black ink, watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper, mounted on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Mount: 14 5/8 x 21 inches (37.1 x 53.3 cm) and Sheet: 13 x 19 1/4 inches (33 x 48.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite center: "Tivoli"; inscribed on back on mount in graphite lower left: "(underlined) M"
Signed on mount in pen and brown ink lower left: "J.R. Cozens Rome. 1778."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | cities | cliffs | Grand Tour | hills | landscape | trees
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Tivoli
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Maria Delores Sanchez-Jauregul, The English prize, the capture of the Westmorland, an episode of the grand tour , Yale University Press, New Haven, 2012, pp. 119, 121, 122, fig. 77, N9135 .E54 2012 + OVERSIZE (YCBA)