- Monte della Madonna, near Argua
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, white laid paper, mounted on thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/8 x 14 3/4 inches (25.7 x 37.5 cm) and Mount: 14 1/4 x 18 3/4 inches (36.2 x 47.6 cm)
Inscribed on mount in pen and violet ink, upper right: "7"; in graphite, lower center: "41 | (The register in the Christie Cat. Af. 10 1805"; in graphite lower right: "1. 1/ "; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper left: "6"; in graphite, center: "Monte della Madonna near Argua the residence of Petrarch"; in pen and brown ink, center: "Monte della Madonna, near Arqua the residence | of Petrarch - "; in graphite, center: "Cozens"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | figure | Grand Tour | hills | landscape | light | mountain | sleeping
- Associated Places:
- Campagna | Italy | Madonna, Monte della | Veneto
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Robert Cozens, 1752–1797, British, Monte della Madonna, near Argua, 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.