Upon the Aare between Unterseen and the Lake of Brientz
- Watercolor, blue wash, gray wash, graphite, and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper, mounted on medium, slightly textured, white wove paper
- 9 1/4 x 14 1/4 inches (23.5 x 36.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Upon the Aare between | Unterseen and the Lake of | Brientz | 15"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "(PM 2157) | (65/9/14/3)"
Watermark: "LVG" Similar to Heawood: 2744.
Signed in graphite lower right: "3 7 6 0 | COZENS, J R"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fishermen | Grand Tour | lake | landscape | mountains | river | towers | trees
- Associated Places:
- Aare | Lake Brienz | Switzerland | Unterseen
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Robert Cozens, 1752–1797, British, Upon the Aare between Unterseen and the Lake of Brientz, 1776