- Landscape with River and Figures
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink on thick, rough, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 × 16 inches (30.5 × 40.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "A[...]f"; in brown graphite, upper right: "GROGAN"; in pen and black ink, center right: "by James Adam | CH."; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Adam the elder"; in graphite, lower right: "8286"; in graphite, lower right: "[...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliffs | figures | landscape | path | river | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Adam, 1730–1794, Scottish, Landscape with River and Figures, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.