IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Robert Adam, 1728–1792, British, Figures in a Lakeside Romantic Landscape, 1787
Figures in a Lakeside Romantic Landscape
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 7/8 x 9 inches (14.9 x 22.9 cm), Mount: 8 3/8 x 11 5/8 inches (21.3 x 29.5 cm)
Inscribed on mount in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Robt Adam delin. 1787"; on mount in pen and brown ink lower center: "Gilpin"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "3"
Signed and dated in brown ink: "Robt Adam delin.t 1787"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | lake | landscape | mountains | Romantic | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.