Figures in a Rocky Romantic Landscape
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, beige, rough laid paper mounted on medium, cream, slightly textured laid paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 x 9 1/4 inches (14.6 x 23.5 cm) and Mount: 8 x 11 1/2 inches (20.3 x 29.2 cm)
Inscribed on mount in pen and brown ink lower right: "RA delnt 1787; in pen and brown ink, bottom center: "Gilpin"; inscribed on verso of mount in graphite, lower right: "4"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, bottom left: "RA delin.t 1787"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | horse (animal) | landscape | mountains | Romantic | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Adam, 1728–1792, British, Figures in a Rocky Romantic Landscape, 1787
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.