Kirkdale House, Kirkcudbright, Scotland
- Former Title(s):
Formerly called Mountain Landscape with Red Castle.
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Sketch of Architectural Plan
- ca. 1786
- Pen and brown ink with watercolor and gouache on medium, cream, slightly textured, laid paper mounted on moderately thick, cream, rough laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 x 14 1/2 inches (27.3 x 36.8 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite upper right: "2 | 8"; on mount in graphite lower left: "34"; on mount in graphite lower right in graphite: " [...] paper [...] sepia | [...]"
Watermark: laid paper mount: LVG/ Brittania (Churchill 227).
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | figures | mountains | river
- Associated Places:
- Dumfries and Galloway | Europe | Kirkcudbright | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Adam, 1728–1792, British, Kirkdale House, Kirkcudbright, Scotland, ca. 1786
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.