IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, Chandernagore, undated
- Pen, gray ink, wash, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 x 14 3/8 inches (26 x 36.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "Chandernagore"; inscribed on back in graphite, lower left: "J141" [encircled]
Watermark: tops of the letters JW [J Whatman ?]
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banks | boats | house | landscape | river | trees
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Bharat | Chandannagar | Chandernagore | West Bengal
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.